Indawgyi Lake Wildlife Sanctuary
- Located in Mohnyin Township of Kachin State.
- 299.32 square miles.
Year of Establishment
- Established in 1999.
- Yangon to Mohnyin 700 miles, Mohnyin to Hopin, 45 miles of all - weather road and Hopin to Lontene village, 27 miles of fair - weather road
- To conserve the largest inland lake in Southeast Asia.
- To protect resident water birds, migratory birds and forest dwelling birds.
- To conserve Indawgyi watershed area.
- To promote ecotourism in the region.
Forest / Vegetative Types
- Moist Upper Mixed Deciduous forests.
- Dry Upper Mixed Deciduous forests.
- Lower Mixed Deciduous forest.
- Leopard, golden cat, the malaya sun bear, gaur, banteng or wild cow, serow, goral, sport-billed pelican, vulture, other water birds, 120 species of forest birds Myanmar peacock and Soft-shell turtle are present.